About the Global English Version
This version of the bible is derived from the World English Bible, which in turn is derived from the American Standard Version.
The American Standard Version was published in 1901. The copyright of any work published in the United States before 1923 has expired. Therefore it is now in the public domain.
The World English Bible has been placed into the public domain by its authors.
The Global English Version of the bible is a duplicate of the WEB from February 2016, with the following minor changes. These changes are placed into the public domain by their author.
- Genesis 24.22: had done drinking -> were done drinking
- Exodus 25.27: the rings shall -> The rings shall
- Numbers 7.2: the princes -> that the princes
- Numbers 22.11: curse me them -> curse them for me
- 1 Kings 10.17: he made -> He made
- 1 Chronicles 13.5: the Shihor the brook -> the Shihor, the brook
- 1 Chronicles 18.10: to Greet him -> to greet him
- 1 Chronicles 27.13: were Twenty-four thousand -> were twenty-four thousand
- 1 Chronicles 27.26: Over those -> over those
- 2 Chronicles 2.15: the wheat the barley -> the wheat, the barley
- 2 Chronicles 27.8: five and twenty -> twenty five
- Ezra 5.16: been being built -> been built
- Ezra 9.8: revived us a little -> revive us a little
- Nehemiah 7.65.: governor told that -> governor told them that
- Jeremiah 5.12: Evil will -> Evil
- Jeremiah 13.19: South is shut up -> South are shut up
- Jeremiah 18.4: made it again another -> made it again, another
- Jeremiah 31.20: therefore my heart -> Therefore my heart
- Esther 4.6: to city square -> to the city square
- Esther 9.28: their offspring, -> their offspring.
- Ezekiel 16.9: Then washed I -> Then I washed
- Ezekiel 40.1: year after that the -> year after the
- Ezekiel 41.15: porches of the court -> porches of the court,
- Daniel 1.19: therefore stood they -> therefore they stood
- Daniel 4.6: made I a -> I made a
- Hosea 4.3: all living things -> All living things
- Hosea 4.16: lamb in a meadow. -> lamb in a meadow?
- Luke 13.34: you who kills -> you that kills
- John 21.20: supCepper -> supper
Other content on this website or in downloadable files, related to the GEV, has been placed into the public domain by its author.
Database rights are a form of property right that can be associated with computer databases. Since database rights typically expire after 15 years, no known country would recognize database rights covering the ASV.
Because the compiler of the WEB lives in the United States, which does not currently recognize database rights, the WEB is not covered by any database rights. For the same reason, the GEV is not covered by any database rights.
Trademarks apply to names and graphical marks. The name "Global English Version" has no known trademarks.